Thursday, June 2, 2011

Light and Summery Lunch

Today was anything but light and summery.  It was cloudy, gray, and raining for most of the day.  I took advantage of the gloomy day and spent a lot of time in my kitchen.  This is what I came up with for lunch.




 
The rice, which we call "Jennifer Rice" (since I got the recipe from my friend Jennifer), was leftover from a couple days ago.  I made a quick green salad with lettuce, shredded carrot, avocado, tomatoes, and zucchini, which was leftover from my muffin project and I was wondering how in the world I was going to use it and not end up giving it to the chickens!!   I also had homemade bread from last week, that was thawed last night out of the freezer, sliced some tomato and avocado, and had corn on the cob.  I think this is going to be one of my favorite summer meals!!  It was light, easy, and pretty quick to put together.
 
We also had a muffin for dessert!
 
 

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment