Friday, June 3, 2011

Quick Pasta Lunch

Fridays are always busy around here, so I opted for a very easy lunch of pasta, spaghetti sauce from a jar, green salad, and boiled broccoli.  I love these noodles from Costco.  One bag is just enough for our family of 5.






I made another green salad, this time adding cold peas, avocados, carrots and tomatoes.  This is my salad before it was tossed!  I also had some croutons that I was able to serve with the salad today.  I love the crunch of a crouton!!






I did add some TVP (Textured Vegetable Protein) to the spaghetti sauce.  It is a vegetarian, meaty type of food that can be boiled, and then gently fried, something like hamburger.  I added 3 cloves of garlic chopped, 1/4 cup dried onions, sauteed them together, and then added those to the veggie meat, before adding it all into the spaghetti sauce, giving it a heartier taste.

The broccoli is boiled for 1 minute, and served with simple mayo.  It was a quick and easy meal, perfect for a Friday lunch!






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment