Thursday, June 23, 2011

Yep, I Did

Last week, on our way home from town, we stopped by Taco Bell for a quick supper.  On the way to Taco Bell, I passed the marquee of a local grocery store, and one of the items flashing caught my eye.  I should have kept driving.  I should have ignored the ".88 cents" price tag on the item.  But I couldn't help it.

I made a fatal right turn, parked my car, and marched into the store.

They had Betty Crocker Cake Mixes on sale for .88 cents!  YES, only .88 cents!

I couldn't let a deal like that pass me by.

I had decided a couple weeks ago that I would take a simple cake with canned raspberry topping to potluck every time we went (at least twice a month).  A simple white or yellow cake was quick and easy to make, everybody likes it because it's not too sweet, and our home canned raspberries as a topping make it pretty.  It was the perfect solution to my potluck brain freeze.

So I thought, "I'll just pick up a 'little supply' of these Betty Crocker cake mixes to have on hand for my potluck cake idea."

As I stood there, looking at all those boxes of cake, that were only .88 cents each, something wild and terrible came over me.

I wanted every flavor. 

I began to devise how I could use every flavor of cake mix.

I began to think of ways to use cake, give away cake, sell cake, donate cake, make cake into amazing kitchen creations that I could post on my languishing Kitchen Blog.

So I began to fill my cart.  I grabbed 10 boxes of this type, 10 boxes of that type.

I made sure to get Vanilla and Yellow.  I mean, that was the reason I came into the store in the first place, right?

I only wish I had taken a picture of my grocery cart, filled to the top with cake boxes.  It was quite a sight.  The checkout lady asked me what I was going to do with all that cake?? 

I heard the words "I'm using it for fund raising" come out of my mouth. 

Where did that come from??

So, what AM I going to do with all this cake?

Well, first, I'm going to give it to my 11 year old son. 

He had tons of fun with it!!


 
Spiral tower...




 
Fortress...




 
Fortress again!!



 
Tower...




 
Tower Details...




 
King in his Castle...




 
Throne...



 
Happy King on his Throne...




And here it is!  10 boxes of Vanilla.  10 boxes of White.  10 boxes of German Chocolate.  10 boxes of Yellow.  10 boxes of Lemon.  2 boxes of Carrot.  2 boxes of Spice.  2 Boxes of Chocolate.  2 Boxes of Chocolate Fudge. AND 2 boxes of Confetti (for the kids).

I BOUGHT 60 BOXES OF CAKE!!!!!!

Yep, I did.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. LOL... uh..that's a whole lot of cake! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goofy girl!.....I see Kendrick is artistic like his sister:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, you're an awesome writer Kristy :) Hilarious :)

    ReplyDelete