Thursday, June 2, 2011

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

Today I stayed home and baked.  It seems Thursdays work well for baking.  Last Thursday, I made bread, and this Thursday I made muffins.  I had the kids bring their schoolwork upstairs to the kitchen table so I could oversee things while I made the muffins.  I'll just say right now, they were AMAZING!!  (that is, the muffins!)





I am not a Pampered Chef distributor, so there is no personal gain when I say, Pampered Chef muffin tins are hands down, THE VERY BEST pan out there for baking muffins.  I do spray them with a bit of Pam, but the muffins just fall out of them when they're done.


 
Another tool that I cannot say enough about is my "scooper".  I have these in all kinds of sizes and use them as much as I possibly can.  I love the uniform size and shape that I get when I use a scooper!

 




Somewhere I've read that if you have any extra spaces in the muffin tin, fill it with some water before baking.  I guess this is better for your pan.  I'm not sure of the technical reason, but it sounded good to me, so when I doubled this recipe, and there was only enough dough/batter for 23 muffins, I went ahead and filled the last space with water before I baked it.



 
The finished product!  I thought these would be too sweet with the chocolate chips, but they are amazing!  I will definitely make these again.
 
Since I had all the ingredients out, I decided to try another Pumpkin Muffin recipe, which I'll show in my next post.
 
 
RECIPE
 
(I got this recipe from More Muffins by Jean Childress p. 25)

Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 Flour
  • 1 Cup Sugar
  • 1 tsp Baking Soda
  • 1 tsp Cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp Cloves
  • 1/4 tsp Allspice
  • 1/4 tsp Salt
  • 2 Whole Eggs
  • 1 Cup Cooked Pumpkin
  • 1/2 Cup Butter (Melted)
  • 1 Cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips

Directions
  1. Preheat Oven to 350. Grease or line muffin tin. Combine dry ingredients & set aside. In large bowl, beat eggs. Stir in pumpkin, melted butter & chocolate chips. Blend well. Add dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Spoon into muffin tins. Bake 20-25 minutes. These are really sweet and yummy. Can almost be a dessert.
 
 

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment